You are here:

Care Needs Assessment

A young man in wheelchair with his carer, being helped to use an cash machine.

Social services have a duty to assess people over 18 who have, or appear to have, an illness or a disability which may benefit from receiving community care services.

The assessment may be by a social care services staff member or a nurse or doctor.

Some social care services charge for some of the services they provide. The decision on how much you pay will be based on an assessment of your finances. Many people will not be asked to pay the full cost and in some cases no charge will be made.

You can apply for an assessment through the .Gov Website.

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm