You are here:


When a relationship ends, whether you are married or in a civil partnership, there will be legal implications that you need to consider.

If you are co-habiting there are no legal actions needed to end your partnership, however, there may be legal actions relating to joint assets, property and any children you have.

It is possible to obtain a legal separation, as opposed to a divorce or ending of a civil partnership. This may be useful for those who have been married for less than one year or for those who want to take some time apart to decide what is best for their future. 

But don't worry, there is a lot of support out there for you. Sites such as Wikivorce provide a collection of resources for finding a solicitor to local support groups. 

A woman looking at bills at a table.

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm