You are here:

Help Available

Two ladies talking about and filling out paperwork.

If you're having problems paying your energy bills, contact your supplier as soon as you can.

Energy suppliers have to follow certain rules when dealing with customers who are in arrears with their bills. This includes giving you advice on how to pay back any money you owe and offering you an affordable payment plan.

The payment plan could be weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments and will include the cost of the fuel you use and a bit towards the arrears. 

They may also discuss installing a pre-payment meter as a means of managing your bills and energy consumption going forward.

But I'm on benefits...

If you're on certain benefits, you can arrange to pay your fuel arrears direct from your benefit. This scheme is called fuel direct and is sometimes cheaper than a pre-payment meter. The amount you pay is fixed by the Department for Work and Pensions.

To arrange fuel direct, get in touch with your Jobcentre Plus and your fuel supplier. Jobcentre Plus will then contact your supplier to check that they agree with you paying this way.

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm