Life is changing for a while and as we adjust to our new normal it's important to focus on creating a positive routine to get through the days, one at a time. When worry strikes, take a deep breath and remember you are not alone, we are here for you.
The best thing to do is to take things day by day because a good mental health routine comes gradually. Write a plan for your day, starting slowly and adding new things to do. If it’s hard to keep the routine, try to schedule things to do to maintain consistency.
Start planning your day in intervals from morning to night, including meals and sleep, because we build our resilience with proper nutrition and sufficient rest.
Here are 10 top tips to improve your routine:
- Start your morning with good energy
- Make a daily to-do list to set up key tasks and goals
- Be active and get some exercise, either in the morning or during lunch
- Eat healthy multi-coloured food at regular times
- If working from home, take regular screen breaks and stay away from screens one hour before bed
- Tackle individual tasks and don’t multitask as this reduces efficiency and performance as our brains can only focus adequately on one thing at a time
- Dedicate some time for yourself, you deserve it!
- Limit the amount of news you follow and don’t spend too much time on social media
- Find ways to connect because it’s important to do so while we isolate; schedule some time for video call with friends and family
- Create a nighttime routine that can help you to relax
For more help and information, follow the tiles.