You are here:

Get help

We are currently experiencing long delays in dealing with requests for help.

Our phone lines are very busy at the moment. You can follow the progress of your application by clicking on ‘my applications’ on the home page on your portal account. Register for a portal account. Access online support services and information.

Find further information on Covid-19 updates, national restrictions and useful information.

Who do we help?

Civil servants, past and present, and their financial dependants (click here for more information). If you work for an organisation sponsored by a government department, you may also be eligible.

If you work in a government office but are paid by an agency or private company, you are not eligible. Employees of the Armed Forces, National Health Service or Local Authorities are not eligible.

Find out if you’re eligible.

If you’re not sure, call our freephone: 0800 056 2424 or email:

We’ll need details of your Civil Service connection, including National Insurance, payroll and pension numbers and workplace address.

Please read our Privacy Statement to find out how we use your data.

What can we help with?

If you are experiencing financial or other difficulties, we may be able to help. Everyone's situation is different. We work with you to understand the whole picture.

We offer a range of services and advice to help with life’s challenges, for example: debt advice, relationship help, support for caring responsibilities and mental wellbeing. Some are offered directly from our website – see digital tools, our services, information and resources at the top of this page.

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm