We have partnered with Brain in Hand to provide digital support to anyone whose day can be knocked off track by anxiety, unexpected events, or the need to make decisions under pressure.
Brain in Hand is a digital support system linked to human support. It aims to help you work out the goals you want to achieve in life, and then get you going with practical strategies that play to your strengths. Support can be accessed any time from your phone, so you can carry all the help you need wherever you go.
Brain in Hand can help you to:
- Solve problems more independently
- Cope with change and new settings
- Manage anxiety and develop confidence
- Remember things and organise your time
- Take part in more activities and opportunities
You don't have to have a specific condition or diagnosis in order to use Brain in Hand, but it is especially suitable for autistic people, people with learning difficulties or people who have difficulties with their mental health.
The Brain in Hand package is made up of three key elements:
- Online personal planning sessions with a specialist to get started
- An account for the Brain in Hand secure web and mobile software
- Linked support – a connection to responders who will help you get things back on track
Is Brain in Hand right for me?
Before deciding if Brain in Hand is right for you, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a goal or goals that you would like Brain in Hand to help you achieve?
- Do you struggle with change or last-minute cancellations?
- Do you find organising and managing your workload difficult?
- Do you struggle with anxiety or panic attacks?
- Do you find travelling to your workplace difficulty?
- Do you find working and communicating with colleagues in the workplace difficult?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, you might benefit from using Brain in Hand to overcome the challenges you face in the workplace.
What do I need to use Brain in Hand?
- Do you have someone close to you who can be your Brain in Hand ‘Supporter’? This could be a support worker, line manager, colleague, family member or friend who can spend time with you helping you to think about how you might set up Brain in Hand in a way that is useful to you, and who can check in with you to review your progress and learning.
- Are you comfortable with using technology?
- Do you have a compatible smartphone? Brain in Hand is compatible with iOS 10.3 or later and Android 5.1 or later (click here for more information).
- Are you able to use your phone in the workplace?
- Do you have access to a computer or laptop with internet connection?
- Do you have time to set up and use Brain in Hand? You will need up to four hours of online sessions with a Brain in Hand specialist and time each week to prepare and update your Brain in Hand.
If you answered ‘no’ to any of the questions above, Brain in Hand might not be suitable for you.
If you think that you, or someone you know, would benefit from support through Brain in Hand, please register here.
By clicking this link, you will be taken away from the Charity's website to Brain in Hand and as such are then subject to their terms and conditions.