You are here:

Who we help

If you are a civil servant, past or present, or you work for an organisation that is sponsored by a government department, you may be eligible to apply for help from The Charity for Civil Servants

By our estimation, there are up to 4 million people eligible to apply for help. If you need to speak to someone in the strictest confidence, please get in touch.

Am I a civil servant?

If you work for a government department, such as HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, or Ministry of Justice, then you would definitely be a civil servant.

Equally, if you work for an executive agency, such as the Health and Safety Executive, you would also be a civil servant.

If you're not sure whether the organisation you work for is part of the Civil Service, you can check an updated list of all current government departments and executive agencies via the website.

Visit the List

IMPORTANT - the website also lists some Non-Departmental Public Bodies (NDPBs), which may not be part of the Civil Service. If you work for one of those, please call us on Freephone 0800 056 2424, and we'll be happy to help you find out.

I'm not sure whether I'm eligible... 

Don't worry. Just give us a call, or send us an email. We'll be happy to help you check.

Call our Freephone number at 0800 056 2424, or email our Help, Advice and Services Team.

Give us a call...

For confidential support and advice call 0800 056 2424 Monday to Friday 10am to 1pm